When should I call a professional?
There are some important rules about installing certain electrical equipment in a bathroom – if you’re in doubt about what to do please contact an electrician or electrical installer.
1. In zone 0 you may not install switches, outlets or other coupling equipment.
2. In zones 1 and 2 you may install switches in SELV circuits with a nominal voltage not exceeding 12V AC or 30V ripple-free DC. The power source must be located outside zones 0, 1 and 2.
3. In zone 3 you may install switches, outlets or other coupling equipment if:
- they are each on a separate circuit
- or they are protected by SELV
- or they are protected by a fault current breaker with a rated current of not more than 30mA (HFI switch or HFPI switch in residences)